The 25-pair color code is a color code used to identify individual conductors in a kind of electrical telecommunication wiring for indoor use,[clarification needed] known as twisted pair cables (often seen with RJ21 cables). The colors are applied to the insulation that covers each conductor. The first (or major) color is chosen from one group of five colors and the other (or minor) color from a second group of five colors, giving 25 combinations of two colors.
The major group colors can be remembered with the mnemonics:
- For a 100 pair cable (i.e. the first four colors), “Will Rosie Bite You?”
- “Why Run Backwards You Vomit”
- “Winchester Rifles Bring You Victory”
- “We Respect Beautiful Young Virgins”
- A code used by AT&T (and later Lucent Technologies) installers is “Wild Real Blondes Yell Violently”