What is FACTORY I/O?
This fully interactive simulation includes cutting edge physics, high quality graphics and sound, providing a realistic environment.
FACTORY I/O uses an innovative technology that allows an easy and quick creation of 3D industrial systems through a drag and drop approach.
FACTORY I/O is a valuable teaching tool for training future technicians and engineers in several programs and courses such as Industrial Automation, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation and many more.
There exists several driver to connect the virtual machine to an automation system:
Driver for Software-PLCs:
- WinSPS-S7 V5 (all editions)
- PLCSim (V5.4, V5.5)
Driver for real PLCs:
- SIEMENS LOGO! device (0BA7, 0BA8)
- SIEMENS S7-1200
- SIEMENS S7-1500
- SIEMENS S7-300/400 TCP/IP
Driver for a USB DAQ Board:
- Advantech USB 4704
- Advantech USB 4750
The most important facs
- Compatible out of the box with WinSPS-S7 V5
- Compatible with TIA-Portal (S7-300 target) and STEP7 V5.5 (WinPLC-Engine is necessary)
- Easy-to-use 3D editor
- Many industrial parts in the construction kit
- Real time physic engine
- Dynamic 3D Sound
- Predefined cameras
- Highly interactive
- Failures Simulation
Other system requirements:
- DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics card, 64MB RAM, support for pixel and vertex shader 1.1
Can be used with the following operating systems:
- Windows 8, 8.1 (32- and 64 Bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64 Bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64 Bit)
- For all Editions: Home, Pro, Ultimate
More system requirements:
- Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz or higher
- 1Gb RAM Memory
- 500Mb hard disk space
- NVIDIA cards since 2004 (GeForce 6), AMD cards since 2005 (Radeon X1300), Intel cards since 2006 (GMA X3000)
- Support for shader model 2.0 or higher
- DirectX compatible sound card
- DirectX 9.0c
First steps with FACTORY I/O and WinSPS-S7 V5:
Select in FACTORY I/O the driver “mhj”.
In the driver configuration you must map the sensors to the inputs and the actuators to the outputs via “drag and drop”.
Develop in WinSPS-S7 the PLC program and set the target mode in WinSPS-S7 to “Simulator”.
Then WinSPS-S7 and FACTORY I/O is connected.
Upload your S7 blocks into the simulator and switch it to RUN.
Now you can switch FACTORY I/O into RUN mode and have fun.
Tipp for building your machine:
Before you add a part to your scene double click to the position you want to insert the new part.
This ensures that the new part is automatically in the correct height. So it’s easier to place the part in the 3D scene.
Download FACTORY I/O v 2 Installer (includes a full-featured 30-day trial)
License server (required for floating license users only)