Mitsubishi PLC Programming Replacement Cable USB-SC09
USB Cable for Mitsubishi MELSEC FX and A series PLC. 8 pin DIN connector and DB-25 connector. Supports Windows2000/Windows XP. Designed for computers without a serial port. This cable is an OEM replacement and not made by Mitsubishi.
Mitsubishi PLC Cable USB-SC09 is the programming cable in which USB interface provides both the serial connection and RS422 signal conversion. Under the control of computer-driven driver, the programming cable makes it possible for the computer’s USB interface to simulate the traditional serial (known as COM interface), thus various existing programming software such as communications software, monitoring software and other applications can be normally used. The working power supply of this cable is directly from the USB port, but not the PLC programming interface. The two-color LED on the converter box indicates data’s transceiving status.
USB-SC09 is applicable to the A and all FX series PLC of Mitsubishi, and it can substitute the FX-232AW module. The largest communications distance is two kilometers.
Mitsubishi PLC Cable USB-SC09 principle and figure structure:
USB-SC09 programming cable simulate USB port as traditional serial port (usually COM3),which enables existing programming software(GX Developer) to communicate through simulated traditional port and PLC devices.
Features and technological index:
- Support USB-SC09 OS: Windows 2000/XP (WinNT4/95/98/Me/DOS not included )
● Support USB-SC09 programming software version: FXGP / WIN V1.0, GPP V4.0, GX Developer V7.0 and above.
● Fully compatible with USB V1.1 norms and USB CDC V1.1
● USB-bus powered, with current consumption of 50 mA
● Baud rate: 300 bps ~ 1Mbps automatically adapt to the standard baud rate
● Support UART data format: data bits: 7-8; stop bit: 1, 2; check-bit: odd / even / no parity
● Support long-distance communications, the largest communications is two kilometers (9600 bps)
● Each PC only supports one USB cable programming
● Working temperature: -20 ~ +75 ℃
● Cable length: 3m; Color: black
USB device drivers should be installed before using USB-SC09 programming cable. After completing Driver installation, the corresponding COM port for the USB-SC09 programming cable will be displayed in the “Device Manager” of Window. The step next is just to choose this COM port in the programming software and other application software and keep other communication parameters as in the Default settings. And the following steps are exactly the same as in the traditional programming cables with RS232 interfaces.
Note: DB25M plugs and MD8M plugs of the RS422 interface can not be used at the same time.
For USB-SC09,The largest communication distance is up to two kilometers (9600 bps).The user must follow the self-made plans to extend cable. Transmission Line should be 0.22mm2 or more, twisted pair wire. When the distance is over 2,000 m,RS422 repeater could be installed to extend the distance.
Please Note: USB interface cable cannot be extended.
Due to internal resistance have been installed in USB-SC09 and the PLC, no external terminal resistance is needed.