Problem : 400 Bad Request Error
Whenever you access any website from a specific domain. For example http://www.abc.com/morepages/….
In the URL above, the domain is “abc.com” and “morepages” is a sub-site. The problem shows as the following:
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
It wasn’t clear at first but the error message is telling me exactly what the problem is (the keyword here ladies and gentlemen is “cookie”)
The problem was due to a cookie that has become corrupted. Not sure how it got that way but it seems that the last time it was generated something went wrong. The easy solution is to delete all your cookies but here is the best way to solve that specific issue, here is customized guide for Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
1. Access the options from the main menu
2. Go to the Privacy tab
3. Click “remove individual cookies”
4. You will get the window below and you can search for cookies on that specific domain (in our example abc.com)
5. To delete the cookies, just select and click “Remove Cookie”
6. Try accessing the site again, if you still have issues you can repeat from step 4
1. Access the options from the main menu Tools -> Internet Options
2. Select Settings under the “Browsing history” section in the General tab
3. Select “View files”
4. You can search for those cookies and manually delete them
1. Click on Settings
2. Enter “cookies” in the search field then click “Content settings”
3. Click “All cookies and site data” under Cookies
4. Select the specific cookie to delete the cookie
If you found this article useful, don’t forget to share it by clicking one of the buttons below. You can also share your thoughts in the comments section below.
That should fix the error message “400 Bad Request”, if you have any questions or concerns please leave a comment below.
Thanks to Tim Tech Support